Everyone knows that a kitchen is the heart of a home, and if that is true, the front porch must be the window into the soul of the house. A front porch is definitely part of the home’s curb appeal, and it is the first connection your visitors and neighbors will have to your property.
Since the front porch acts like your calling card, it is important that you don’t neglect it. You can give your front porch some serious style in one weekend’s time, and it will act as the echo of your home’s interior elegance and style. One important thing to remember is to keep your porch decor reminiscent of the style inside. If you have a super modern living space, you don’t want to have a tropical boho paradise on your front porch. It makes for a jarring transition.
Tips for a Small Front Porch
When you have a small front porch, you don’t have much floor space to work with which means you won’t be able to do much of anything in the way of furniture. You will want to utilize your vertical spaces to give your home some front-facing flair.
● The Front Door: Use your front door to showcase some personality. Give it a new coat of high-gloss paint in a color that will contrast nicely with your siding. For instance, give a white house a bold red door or a gray house a deep plum colored front door. The color will pop, and the high-gloss paint will lend an air of elegance.
● The Hardware: There are a few pieces of hardware that you can play with on the front of your house: the address numbers, the doorknob, and the door knocker. Switch these items out to a style that matches your loo. You can go bold, modern, eclectic, or elegant. There are so many choices!
● The Art: If you have space for some outdoor artwork or sculptures, they can be a lovely addition to your front porch. You can even use plants or topiaries to lend more stylistic cues.
Tips for a Large Front Porch
If you have a larger or even a wraparound front porch, you have a lot more space to design. Here is where you can add in furniture choices to your outdoor decor. You will still want to visit the tips from the small front porch like painting your door and upgrading your hardware, but you also have additional things that you can do.
● The Furniture: You will want to treat your large front porch like additional living space. Add furniture that is comfortable and stylish. One excellent choice for a front porch is the Adirondack chair. It is a classic style that compliments any type of design. Plus, it comes in many different colors.
● The Rug: Adding an outdoor rug can really tie the space together and give it an inviting feeling. Make sure that you choose a material that can withstand the elements and is the proper size for the space that you have available.
● The Accents: Here is where you can have a little fun and add in your creativity. You can match throw pillows to your front door or add in pieces of artwork, or add seasonal plantings inside urns on either side of your front door or steps.
When you are ready to decorate your front porch, don’t forget to stop by the Best Adirondack Chairs website to see which of our handcrafted items will perfectly compliment your space.